Thursday, March 11, 2010

I spoke to an old dear friend. One whom I'd lost contact with for years. So you can imagine we had so much to catch up on and share. Life experiences and what brought us closer to our faith. Sharing memories of our youth experiences and some of the most memorable people in our lives. I told him of my great grandmother. What a woman of faith she was. A real prayer warrior. She was definitely in a holy space in her life and had a remarkable relationship with God. Even as a child I wanted just an ounce of her faith and whatever it was that made me so drawn to her. The prayers she prayed morning, noon and night. The prayers she prayed for meals and special occasions. Her prayers of intercession. I learned them word for word and even incorporate a little of that today in my own talk with God. There is always someone in your life who leaves BIG footprints what I call A Spiritual Legacy of sorts. One that you may look back on and grasp a glimpse of strength and wholeness. I am creating my own Spiritual Legacy for my children and their children and so on. I want to leave my imprint. What type of imprint are you leaving behind?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

The 411

My photo
Somewhere In, Alabama, United States
I am a singer songwriter and aspiring author of childrens faith based books. As a single mother of 2 auspiciously rambunctious children I find myself in deep prayer and search of faith often. Jokingly so I have been given a job to do through precious gifts from God and I take this very seriously. Wanting to leave behind something tangible on the inside. I've done a lot of soul searching and digging back in my past. Trying to raise kids in a worldly world with good christian values? Not an easy task. I choose to find strength by feeding off the strong women before me as well as the strong women amoung me. Spiritual Legacies instilled in me from birth that I want to share. It takes a village.
 

Copyright 2010 A Spiritual Legacy.

Theme by WordpressCenter.com.
Blogger Template by Beta Templates.